How does your school display Dan rank?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my school that I went to, the dan ranks were displayed by strips on the end of the belt, i'm not really sure of what else though

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

Our coloured belts have white gi tops, BBs have black trim on their gi tops with their full name embroidered on their belts.

All dan ranks have full black gis with coloured trim corresponding with their rank as well as the same coloured stripes on the belt.

1st dan - yellow

2nd dan - blue

3rd dan - red

4th dan - grey

Our highest rank is 5th dan and he was a red and black gi.

When we wear belts it's up to the wearers discretion at black belt. Some have striped, some have custom work done, some (like me) just have the plain belt as it came.

As for unis, kyu ranks and black pants, white top. BB's are all black. Again, when we choose to wear them to formal occassions.

My typical "uniform" consist of shorts and either a t-shirt (sweatshirt for warm up) or burn protector (long sleeve for winter months).

Everyone has the same, basically this with your name on the other end (in the same style of writing) and your dan ranks in roman numerals.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Dan stripes are on the left. Your name is on the right, along with Dan number and also Korean characters are on the right.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

We also keep the belt given to us at Shodan. At each belt testing, you receive another stripe to add to the left side. At 4th Dan, you do get a Renshi belt and a stripe to add to your current black belt. It's your choice which belt to wear or you can alternate the belts.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

We have stripes on both sides of the belt. Since I am a 3rd dan, we have 3 stripes on each side. Org name on left, our name on right, both English and Korean.