• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pacquiao Defeats De La Hoya

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3751115

The end for Oscar De La Hoya on this night came as he sat in the corner after the eighth round, his left eye swollen shut and his face bruised by punches Manny Pacquiao seemed able to land almost at will.

The decision to call it a night was easy. The decision to call it a career may be a lot tougher.

"My heart still wants to fight, that's for sure," De La Hoya said. "But when your physical doesn't respond, what can you do? I have to be smart and make sure I think about my future plans."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The story's well-written, telling it like it is, but the statistics chart is more of a shocker. One line of it for "Power Punch Stats" has De Le Hoya landing 51, but his opponent, Pacquiao, landing 195. :o

And he went eight rounds!

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3751115

The end for Oscar De La Hoya on this night came as he sat in the corner after the eighth round, his left eye swollen shut and his face bruised by punches Manny Pacquiao seemed able to land almost at will.

The decision to call it a night was easy. The decision to call it a career may be a lot tougher.

"My heart still wants to fight, that's for sure," De La Hoya said. "But when your physical doesn't respond, what can you do? I have to be smart and make sure I think about my future plans."

We saw the fight last night and after the second round I knew that De La Hoya wasn't going to win this one. I thought he just didn't appear to be as strong as he used to be. That was over fast though !

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• 2 weeks later...

I saw in one interview, one of manny's idol is Bruce Lee, and he said he got tips watching him...interesting. What can you guys say about this?

The stronger swordsman does not always win.