• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

'08 in the Martial Arts for You

Overall, it has been a great year. I took and passed my Sandan grading. I was surprised at myself in that I physically made it through. I was very afraid of being older and not being able to keep up that day with the younger testers.

My instructor has given me more responsibilities in the dojo and training of other students and Black Belts. It is going well. We have hit some bumpy road on some things, but that will improve.

I look forward to 2009. I will make it a good training year.

Live life, train hard, but laugh often.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

2008 has not been to bad to me I have overcome some injury's that did not stop me from training for to long. I have earned off all my stripes off my brown belt. which sometime in 2009 I should be testing for my shodan.

I have successfully ran children's and adult classes on my own which I was very nervous about it so to me it was a big accomplishment mentally. I look forward to 2009 :) and I will echo tori I will make it a good training year. :karate:

For 2008, as well as in the future, my main focus is to take my martial arts training one day at a time and continue to stick with it until it is no longer possible (i.e., illness, injury, death, etc.).

Sometimes, I have a tendency to look too far in the future and overlook the baby-steps necessary to achieve the long-term goals.

In short, did I achieve my 2008 goals? Yes. I am still training and committed to becoming a better martial artist.