• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does Anyone Own a Wii?

Tiger1962

If so, do you like it? Regret the purchase? I'm amazed at all the stuff this thing can do and I'm thinking about getting one.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes, I have one. No, don't regret it at all. I think it'd be hard to regret getting any of the 3 consoles... unless you just didn't like video games, in which case you wouldn't get one, anyway. :)

Do you have the Wii Fit? That's the main reason I'm looking to get it. :)

(..well that and the dance game. :oops: :P )

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

We've got a Wii.. but we didn't buy it (won it in a competition :D). Love it and would have bought one in any case. Only thing is the gamecube is gathering dust..

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

I don't own a Wii but have played one on occasion. I was surprised, when playing Wii tennis, that the arm movements needed to strike the ball were similar to actual tennis. A friend of mine has the Fit and enjoys it.

Ed

I have a wii and a wii fit. I love both. I just got the wii fit -- nobody seems fto have them in stock -- so it took some work to find one!

The wii fit games are cool but simple, but I also got "we ski," a skiing game using the wii fit balance board and it's been fun so far. I was kinda hoping to find something that would give me a little bit of that skiing feeling in the off-season. Not sure that it's all that much like skiing, but it is fun.

With the regular wii fit games, I thought my MA training would give me good balance, and I think that's true in some ways, but I actually think that some training on the wii fit might improve my balance, because in many of the games, there is visual feedback as to where your center of balance is. Often, you have to try to put your center of balance in a particular place to work the game. For instance, in the ski jump game, you want to keep your balance centered left-to-right, but about 80% on the toes. In some of the yoga games, you want to try to keep your balance centered. In the ski slalom game, you have to move your balance left and right to ski through gates, but your front-to-back balance controls your speed.

I actually thought my mom would even enjoy wii with wii fit.

It's not massively, incredibly cool, but it is cool enough and enjoyable enough for me!

----

Hmm. Hello. This is the floor. How did I get here?

I have a wii and a wii fit. I love both. I just got the wii fit -- nobody seems fto have them in stock -- so it took some work to find one!

The wii fit games are cool but simple, but I also got "we ski," a skiing game using the wii fit balance board and it's been fun so far. I was kinda hoping to find something that would give me a little bit of that skiing feeling in the off-season. Not sure that it's all that much like skiing, but it is fun.

With the regular wii fit games, I thought my MA training would give me good balance, and I think that's true in some ways, but I actually think that some training on the wii fit might improve my balance, because in many of the games, there is visual feedback as to where your center of balance is. Often, you have to try to put your center of balance in a particular place to work the game. For instance, in the ski jump game, you want to keep your balance centered left-to-right, but about 80% on the toes. In some of the yoga games, you want to try to keep your balance centered. In the ski slalom game, you have to move your balance left and right to ski through gates, but your front-to-back balance controls your speed.

I actually thought my mom would even enjoy wii with wii fit.

It's not massively, incredibly cool, but it is cool enough and enjoyable enough for me!

These are the reasons I wanna get one - I just like that it's an interactive type of game. You're not just sitting there. :)