• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Martial Arts movies...good or bad?

Is martial arts movies truly good for martial arts businesses?

Now a days you see Jet li and other martial artists flying through the air and kicking 8 feet in the air, is it beneficial or bad for the people who open up martial arts schools?

I mean im sure its good for the beginning, with all the people wanting to learn how to fly and etc, but most of them eventually leave. I started off with about 45 students altogether, but they all leave because I cannot teach them how to levitate or fly or break 15 bricks in a row. Now I have around twenty.

What are your opinions?

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't think that too many people actually join an MA school thinking that they can learn things like flying and kicking 8 feet in the air. I think that most people have a pretty good grasp of what the human body is capable of, and if they see these movies, they join knowing what they can and can't do.

Overall, I don't think MA movies are a problem. I think that they expose people to the arts, and that helps.

Overall, they probibly get people in the door. However, the type of student who joins due to the latest flick they saw might not be the kind of student you want.

Still, you'll get a few taht come in to give it a try and stick it out. On the flip side, I think the garbage that they pu t in the uneducated public mind about what ma's can do is a bit silly.

Hmmm I still think that it discourages newer martial artists, because that is their goal, and then when we have toi break it to them, they usually dont come back afterwards.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku