• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are your favourite point sparring techniques?

Ozpunker

@ joesteph, about the Isshinryu black belt, I'm guessing that was his personal philosophy. I don't think I've heard many other Issinryu students discuss things in that manner.

As far as myself, I'm a kicker. My favorite kick is a front leg side kick to the midsection. It's called a cut kick in Taekwondo. If you can time it right, you can jam someone's kick, and take them off their feet in the process.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foot work to find an angle (First, last, and always)

1. Basic lead jab followed by a reverse punch

2. Lead foot sweep followed by punching blitz

3. Retreating side kick

4. Double leg sweep with follow-up reverse punch

5. Double round house followed by mid level thrusting side kick

6. Reverse punch followed by a lunge punch

Of course there's always a modification or two...maybe an extra punch here or extra kick there. It just depends on what the opponent is doing. But these are my basic moves. Each one can be strung together with the others.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• 1 year later...
To me it was anything Bill Wallace did, I was right sided to his left but everything he did was a winner. I taught this to my sudents and they did a lot better than I ever did. They old Bill Wallace tape will show you and it doesn't matter what style you are. Something he does will work for you. It work for us.

Bill Wallace's stuff is pretty cool. Really nice gut too. My school did a seminar with him a few years ago. The best part was hanging out at Burger King afterwards with him. lol.

To me it was anything Bill Wallace did, I was right sided to his left but everything he did was a winner. I taught this to my sudents and they did a lot better than I ever did. They old Bill Wallace tape will show you and it doesn't matter what style you are. Something he does will work for you. It work for us.

Bill Wallace's stuff is pretty cool. Really nice gut too. My school did a seminar with him a few years ago. The best part was hanging out at Burger King afterwards with him. lol.

I've heard that guy likes his hamburgers. I think he would be fun to train with.

I've heard that guy likes his hamburgers. I think he would be fun to train with.

He is fun to train with. He has a great sense of humor. He also does really like burgers.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/