• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What are your favourite point sparring techniques?

Ozpunker

• 6 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i was in a fantasy fight where i like have powers and stuff. I would pull out a kunai teleport behind the enemy and shove it right through his heart. or i would just go super speed on him and slash him as i run around unseen and un harmed while my enemy is both..

BlahBlahBlah blah blah BlahBlah.

• 4 weeks later...

To me it was anything Bill Wallace did, I was right sided to his left but everything he did was a winner. I taught this to my sudents and they did a lot better than I ever did. They old Bill Wallace tape will show you and it doesn't matter what style you are. Something he does will work for you. It work for us.

• 6 months later...

I have just started doing actually sparring in Class. I am still new at it. But I do a one-two-three combination technique. Since new at it I've been told to do three different Techniques.

I usually do a Forward Punch followed with a Reverse Punch and giving a Backfist Strike to the Temple. Sometimes I throw in a kick.

The only difference between the possible and the impossible is one's will.

- Hironori Ohtsuka Sensei -

i use sort of a shield and sword method where you mainly use your left hand to block and power shot or head shot with a right straight punch.

I remember an Isshinryu black belt who called his left hand his sword and his right hand his hammer. At the time, I thought it was part of the Isshinryu philosophy, but now I wonder if he meant it was a personal conclusion regarding his fighting technique.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• 4 months later...

I like to use a flying backfist to the face when possible. Also like to fake a roundhouse and when they block catch them with a side thrust kick.

Of course allot can be said for the basic jab/reverse punch.

ive been extreemly succesfull with the mawashi geri (roundhouse kick) , gyaku tsuki (reverse punch) , kizami tsuki (front jab) and mae geri (front kick)

i won the junior british with a very simple block and two points with the reverse punch :D really usfull technique

front jab or front kick to set up another attack

and roundhouse to score ippons which to an unexperienced person is EXTREMELY good :D

practice doesnt make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect

• 2 weeks later...

ahmm.... simple stuff as well, even though i can use my hands i simply use them for feints and kick my way to victory :D

mae geri, mawashi geri, ushiro mawashi geri, zenpo geri but my fave move is a a mid mawashi geri then pull it all the way up in a diagonal fashion to do a kakato geri and if it doesnt connect without dropping the leg go for mawashi geri to the head.... the thing is after doing it a couple of times people learn the pattern and it stops connecting. When that happens i put a ushiro mawashi geri at the end. :D