• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The japaneese jj actually will work very well for they type of things that you'll need to do in any sort of security professtion. I'm not saying a grappling art won't work well as well, I make quite a bit of use of both at my job.

Japanees jj does incorporate striking, I should know, I came out of this kind of background. It also focuses heavily on standing manipulation of joints. This can be very handy when you're trying to handcuff someone, make someone leave an area, ect. It also h as the benifit of keeping you on your feet in case the mope in question has friends who'd like to kick you're teeth in while your tying him into knots on the ground.

Is it perfect, of course not, if it was the be all and end all sd art I would never have started cross training. But it is highly useful in this type of field. And it never hurts to be proficient in striking, even in a field that's dominated by "control tactics". All too often adminstrators get caught up in the "control" part of this and forget the "tactics". There is a use of force continumn for a reason. You do get to escalate based on what the bad guys does. This does mean that he can get hit in certain situations.

Again, I've also been able to utilize alot of my ground game in my profession as well. I'm just saying that there is certainly a place for Japanees jj in this situation.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt