• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can I keep with karate? (light-headedness, exhausted..)

JohnKeats

I had a similar problem when I started Karate too. For me the problem was that when punching or kicking I would hold my breath when I contract my muscles and even in between strikes or series..

It is not too bad when you do one set of ten, but when the sensei would ask for 50 or more I would often start to feel dizzy, over sweat, start to have blurry vision and feeling like I am being close to feinting. (This happened to me twice)

It has not happened to me since I started to breathe normally while doing drills. Also I would not push myself as much if I feel I would start to experience this problem (cut out on the speed and power) . Before I would just keep going because I was saying to myself "It's the last ten!" but it would sometimes go far beyond 10 more. :P

I hope you will find the source of your problem! Don't give up, it took me a while to find out what I was doing wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well when a person builds muscle it actually breaks it down first then it grows stronger, and you probably weren't used to the type of warm ups and your body was trying to adapt to the change

I cannot prevent the wind from blowing, but I can adjust my sails to make it work for me

• 1 month later...