• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Couture vs Lesnar

Hey guys what do you all think about the upcoming bout between Randy Couture nd Brock Lesnar?

Also I would like to invite everyone over to the KarateForums.com 2008 MMA Picks board. It's fun to see everyones call on a full fight card. If you want to try it out on this event: http://www.karateforums.com/karateforums-com-mma-picks-2008-ufc-91-couture-vs-lesnar-vt35189.html

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Tough call.

I want to give it to Couture on experiaence and outrageous skill. He's also shown us that his training camp is the best out there as far as altering his game to deal with different styles of fighters.

It's hard not to bet on Lesner however, due to his sheer physicality and steller wrestling background. He's also shown over his past couple of fights that he's willing to work on things that aren't really in his inital skill set. If this continues he will be a contender for a long time.

And, I hate to say it, eventually Couture's age will catch up to him. I think alot of it depends on how Couture approaches this fight. Is it another war he's expeecting, or is he just fufilling his contract with the UFC?

All that said, I'm going with Couture.

I agree, tallgeese. I like Couture here as well, but if Lesnar upsets him, I won't be surprised. He has steadily improved since his debut, and he will get to the top, eventually. He works hard, and is tough.

Its hard to bet against The Natural, though.

Its going to be a tough one for Couture I dont believe he has ever faced an opponent as big and fast as Lesner.

By the way how did Lesner earn a title shot over Noguera (the interim champ) or Mir. If I was those guys Id be a little more than upset . :kaioken:

Semper Fi , Dave

Nogueira and Mir are currently coach in the UFC series "The Ultimate Fighter" and will fight each other at the end of the season. The winner of those two will fight the winner from Brock vs Lesnar for the "Undisputed Heavyweight champion" title.

"After the season concludes, Nogueira and Mir will meet at UFC 92 for the title. The winner of the fight will face the winner of the Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar fight at UFC 91 to determine the true undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion." ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Rodrigo_Nogueira )

Lach

From what I saw on the show "The Ultimate Fighter", Frank Mir is convinced that he is in all aspect superior to Nogueira.

Stronger, faster, more endurance, but I am not sure Nogueira will be an easy push over.

Funny fact is that in the coach challenge on the show, they had to face off in a soccer (EU football) match and Nogueira is the worst Brazilian soccer player ever :lol:

Nogueira won the match but it was not like Mir did his best. ( So much easier not to give your 100% and say after you lose that you could have won if you would have give it all...)

I hope Couture wins, I dislike Lesnar and the last thing I want is a fight that will make him a legit contender which IMO he is a long way from.

There is no teacher but the enemy.