• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fa ging

fujau

The principles I was referring to encompass more that power generation per se although at the end of the day, all roads lead to Rome I suppose. Anyway, here are a couple web sites that list most of these:

https://www.sannoya.com/principles.htm

This following site details mores than just the basic principles and if you click on the arrow next to the description you can read further info.

https://www.art-of-budo.com/techniques.htm

Cheers

WNM

many thanks for that I do find that very interesting some of the concepts are very much the same in lau ie Zanshin Sen, Sensen no Sen, and Go no Sen. One of our tenants is do not move until the attacker does but i guess that is probaley the same in many styles I think it is said in samuri the first person attacks is the first person to make the mistake.

I was once told everybody is trying to get to the top of the mountain Kung fu on the west side karate one the east judo on the south east etc

On each side of the mountain everybody's sees a view and thinks its the best in the world

I guess i have decided to walk around the other side of the mountain to see what people are looking at. lol

I will try and see if I can find you some gings that I am talking about.

You probably have them but called in a different way some of the techniques in chinese culture like snatching the pearl etc often means grapping the groin if you know what I mean lol

So I guess it is lost in translation.

many thanks for the link

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once told everybody is trying to get to the top of the mountain Kung fu on the west side karate one the east judo on the south east etc

On each side of the mountain everybody's sees a view and thinks its the best in the world

I guess i have decided to walk around the other side of the mountain to see what people are looking at. lol

That's a good analogy fujau, I look forward to seeing some gings as it would appear that we are on a similar wavelength.

Interesting you should mention healing in an earlier post, as Otsuka was a "bone setter" along side being a martial artist.

A handful of Wado dojo still teach resuscitation techniques, but that is very rare.

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

Interesting you should mention healing in an earlier post, as Otsuka was a "bone setter" along side being a martial artist.

A handful of Wado dojo still teach resuscitation techniques, but that is very rare.

A lot of our senior people have followed the way in the healing arts from acupuncture acupressure and herbal stuff like all traditional martial arts back in the day you didn't have a&e on your doorstep lol.

And half the time in fact or may be all the time you have to fight to save your life so the broken arm had to be fixed in the battlefield or at home

I guess you will get a yin and a yang in any thing you do destroyer and healer still on the search for the gings get back to you