• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kojo Ryu Karate

bushido_man96

Has any heard of Kojo Ryu Karate? I read an article recently on it, and I found it quite interesting. It appears to be truly a family style, and there aren't many practitioners out there. I was just curious as to whether anyone had heard of it or not.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I haven't. But the idea of the family based art is really appealing to my historical side. If you find out more please post a link.

I'll see what I can find, but I don't think there is a lot of online info about it.

One thing interesting about the style was that their cat stance wasn't as drawn in as other styles. It was more like a back stance, with the front foot up on the balls of the feet, and more weight toward the front. They would primarily direct low line front kicks with the front leg from it.

Apparently, the Kojo clan was well known for its Martial Arts. The Kojo clan was berthed out of what was called the Kunida families, who were sent to the Ryukyu Islands as ambassadors from China in 1392. The family name was Cai before, moved to Kunida, and later became known as the Kojo clan.