• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how do you become a ninja??

What exactly in your eyes is a 'true' ninja?

Someone who carries a tanto and throws smoke bombs? That's just a hollywood stereotype.

Ninja vary with the ages. Since the 1700s, ninja have been using guns over blades, and have had gernades in wide use since long before.

There are probably still ninja clans, and they probably still ninja active today. If you want to become one, I guess I'll just sum it up this way:

TOO BAD.

d-:-o-:-)-:-(-:-o-:-P

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I have said before. Become a ninja by studying the art, and by understanding and believing in its philosophy. Soke Hatsumi, the GRAND MASTER OF BUJINKAN Ninjutsu is a NINJA. The members of his club are ninja, the people that study ninjutsu are NINJAS!

Soke Hatsumi is not a member of a ninja clan, nor is he of a ninja family. He's just a guy in fact he is a bone doctor.

So a ninja can be a normal man, could be sitting right next to you know, or the next time you are in a bus he could be looking at you and you would not know it. THAT IS THE WAY OF THE NINJA!

Looks like everyone has different opinions. Maybe a long time ago ninja's were what :smile:-: had to say about em.. but how about the "modern" day ninja? that might be different. :smile:

And :smile:-: can I call you smily face or something? thanks.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

Yeah, you can call me Smiley.

And Kensai, that is what I am stressing.

PRACTICING NINJUTSU DOES NOT MAKE YOU A NINJA. BEING AFFILIATED WITH A CLAN, KILLING PEOPLE, AND BEING ABLE TO FIGHT TO THE DEATH UNCONDITIONALLY WILL MAKE YOU A SHINOBI, BUT UNLESS YOU ARE BORN A NINJA, YOU NEVER, EVER, EVER WILL BE!!

Someone who practices Ninjutsu is a Ninjutsu practitioner, simple as that! Nothing more!

How many times do I have to say this to get it through to you!?

If you know sniper tactics and can fire a rifle, does that make you a Marine? NO!

If you know Ninjutsu and study at a dojo, does that make you a ninja? NO!!

Simple as that! Ninjutsu is the martial art that was used by groups of assassins, and the extinct lineages are now taught as a martial art. You are not a ninja. You never will be a ninja. And most likely, you do not want to be a ninja!! Very simple!!

WHAT!

So you are trying to say to me that Dr M.Hatsumi, Soke of Ninjutsu is not a NINJA. :lol: Don't make me laugh.

More to the point, a ninja, when the word is broken down means "nin" = ninjutsu and "ja" = person. "quoted from The Grandmasters book of Ninja Training by DR MASAAKI HATSUMI"

Smiley all you are giving is your opinion, which is all well and good. The ninja's oringally were a group of farmers, that were feed up with the hight taxes imposed by the ruling tent governments.

"groups of assassins, and the extinct lineages" This is a joke. Ninjutsu is one of the fastest growing martial arts. A ninja in Soke Hatsumi's mind is "Someone who believes in the free principles of Ninjutsu and that can understand the has the ability to proform there physical movements of the ninja". I am sure that your knowledge of ninjutsu is vast but I would say that Soke Hatsumi's is well better.

Lets just agree to disagree. :smile:

Soke Hatsumi is not a ninja. Considering his 'knowledge', Hatsumi is a joke in a black gi. The only ninjutsu that is taught is that of clans/lineages that are no longer around. The Koga, for example, all died in one bus wreck, all 34 of them. If any survived, they have not made it known. Therefore, the style is extinct, and can be taught publicly.

Ninja were actually northern Chinese. Imperial spies dressed and performed much like Japanese ninja, the closest link being something like what you see in Iron Monkey. The word Ninja comes from the Mandarin Ni'n-Sha. Something like 'secret soldier'.

Ninja started out as rebellious farmers, but after the fall of the Togukawa shogunate, they formed clans. The best of them created their own lineages, and that's how the Yakuza got started. This was around the late 1860s, at the end of the Bakumatsu era. Even before then, as early as the Sengoku, ninja had formed large underground orginizations.

A ninjutsu practitioner is not a ninja. This is not an opinion, it is a historical fact. A ninja is a member of a specific type of Japanese underground orginization that rose at the fall of the shogunates. This member was a spy, assassin, and theif. Since then, the arts used by these orginizations have been publicized, but none of the people practicing these arts are ninja. They are doing simply that, practicing the ninja arts.

Are you a spy, assassin, or thief? Would you ever be proud to call yourself one?

If not, you are not a ninja, nor do you ever want to be. And if you do, I am sorry, 400 years of Japanese history stands solidly against your career choice. Don't quit your day job.

:lol:

Takamutsu Sensei's dieing wish (the last of the combat ninja) wanted Ninjutsu to be brought unto the world. Can't argue with the facts. Frying do you have issues? Perhaps you should read about the ninja, then come back to me. As it is pretty clear that on the subject of the ninja you know nothing. I am sure that on all other martial arts you are informed, but in this case you are not. I would be the first to agree you with if you were right. I am also not a ninja, (dont practice ninjutsu). SO this is not a personal thing.

Hatsumi is a joke in a black suit.................... :lol: you have to sleep some time I hope no ninja's take that personally matey...........

be well :uhoh:

Dude, my information comes from Dr. Genma Fujiwara, a Japanese historian and Taijutsu instructor, as well as a family friend.

Let me put it this way:

The Israeli army created Krav Maga for defense. This art is now taught worldwide as street defense. If you take Krav Maga, does this make you an Israeli soldier? No.

The Japanese underground created Ninjutsu for defense. This art is now taught worldwide as street defense. If you take Ninjutsu, does this make you a ninja? No.

This is a fact. A fact coming from one of the most well-versed historians in Honshu. You are not a ninja, and niether is anyone who simply practices the art. Now, if Hatsumi were to create a clan, operate in secret, and carry out those operations, yes, he would be a ninja, as would his followers. But as he is, he only teaches it as an art, not a lifestyle.

Unless you live the lifestyle of a ninja, you are not a ninja, simple as that. And I'll say it again: you do NOT want to live the lifestyle of a ninja.

That is nothing compared to the Soke. I would not dare offend your Family friend. But I would always put my camp next to Soke H.

Very well, I wont agree but there you go.

Be Well