• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training with famous martial artists.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Yeah, I have attended some of Tatsuo Suzukis' seminars. Extremely talented man!

Now we're talking. Personally I don't care whether they are famous (in the movies sense) or not. What is imporatnt to me is whether they are any good.

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

Bill Wallace was great. I missed the full seminar but I did stretch and talk with him for a while.

Other good ones to attend would be Joe Lewis, Kathy Long and Bram Frank.

I attended a couple of seminars with Remy Presas a while back. Obviously, that was before he died.

I consider the seminars to be a great opportunity to expand your knowlege.

Done a seminar with Leon Jay, son of Wally Jay. Gokor Chivichyan had Manny Gamburyan were together at another seminar I went too. That's about it. Hard to get to famous people in MA from Tennessee. :cry:

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

Has anyone else here attended one of his seminars or something similar from another high profile martial artist?

I never had the opportunity to train with Superfoot, but I did attend a seminar given by Wally Jay. For some reason he chose me to be his demonstration dummy. I remember being awed at how this little old man could put me in a world of pain (I learned that day the importance of tapping out) with the smallest of movements.

I also had the opportunity to attend a seminar given by Fumio Demura.

As a Goju-Ryu practioner, though, the most awestruck that I've ever been has been training under Morio Higaonna in several IOGKF gassukus and when I tested for my Shodan under Sensei Higaonna in his San Diego area dojo. Maybe that's not as big as a Superfoot or Wally Jay, but to someone in the IOGKF, it doesn't get any better...

"Mo ichi do!"--Morio Higaonna