• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Welcome All Karateka!

swadoryu2000

Hey everyone! I'm Sean. Been practicing Wado-Ryu Karate-Do since 2000, but only been on the forums for a coulpe days...

Just out of curiosity, what style of karate-do you practice? If you don't anymore, what did you practice? Do you enjoy it? If so, why?

All thoughts have consequences.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi Sean. Welcome to the forums. I practice Soo Bahk Do, a Korean martial art.

I'm glad I'm taking it, not only for self-defense, but it's good exercise, and it's a bond between my boys (twins, age seven) and me. My instructor doesn't limit the art to striking, but has us do some takedowns and joint locks, the takedowns kind of as an intro to grappling, and the joint locks both standing and on the mat.

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Welcome to KF! :karate:

My main style is Taekwondo, but I also practice Hapkido, and recently took up Aikido. I enjoy aspects of them all, but TKD is my favorite, I think. I really like challenging myself in kicking, and it pushes me to improve myself.

Cool! Never heard of that art, joesteph. I guess it isn't too well known where I live. But it sounds interesting.

Aikido sounds very fun, bushido_man96. I have been looking at videos on Aikido, and I like the way they use the opponents' momentum and body movement instead of their own. If I start another martial art, it will be Aikido for sure.

All thoughts have consequences.

Welcome to the boards.

I study a couple of kempo systems that focus on modern combatives. I also got the opportunity a while back to cross trian in boxing and kickboxing. Competed doing shootfighting and mma. Mainly these days I focus on sd training and mma.

Welcome! :D

I train Taekwon-Do, namely ITF style but I wouldn't mind picking up something different at some point. Have done TaiChi in the past and want to get into that again when I have the time.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 2 weeks later...