• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

class over crowded?

Having too many students in class is?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Having too many students in class is?

• is a frequent problem
    • has never happened
    • somtetimes a problem

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not often, really. I kind of like having bigger classes. Smaller classes are nice, but big classes can be fun. When you start to run out of floor space for drills, though, then it gets to be a problem.

Do you have a problem with this at your school?

Gotta go with sometimes.

Even with the commercial gym I help at from time to time we can have almost to many on the mat. Then you have to start getting creative with how you set of drills to keep eveyone moving.

Where I work at home with my classes, we've got enough room for 5-6 max. Occassionaly this is a problem. More often than not however, our schedules keeps us at a workable number.

My instructor likes to have us line up along a gold line at one end of the dojang's wooden floor and then, according to what belts we are, do a set of moves that she calls out in Korean. It can be crowded sometimes, even though she staggers us rather well, and it's occurred where she's said something to my group (orange belts) but then when she went on to the green belts, I lost what she'd said. She's very patient about this, about repeating.

After dealing with that situation, she has everybody doing something in this or that place in the dojang, with the help of a dan member assisting in checking or instructing.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

At my home club classes are around 30 people but you have to specifically sign up for whichever classes you want to attend so we never really get too crowded as there is a limit on numbers. With things that we need more room for or if there is too many, we just take it in turns to do the stuff so have half the class up and half sitting down. Sometimes its good to just sit there and look at what others are doing and suggest corrections / pick up on things you can improve on yourself.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Overcrowdedness is definitely not a problem where I train.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert