• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Losing Motivation

RoyalPython

I'm seriously losing all interest in karate. I hate feeling this way because I've quit once before and swore I wouldn't do it again but I'm finding it such an effort to keep it going these days :(

For one thing, the class is full of teenagers and kids. There are only 3 adults there and I am the only woman. The other adults are all higher grades than me and tend to stick together so I'm usually partnered with a child under the age of 10 which I just think is pointless really.

We've been doing a lot of throw work recently and as I'm self concious about my weight, this makes me really nervous and embarrassed. Especially when I'm partnered with someone smaller as I know I'm heavy.

Also, its making a big dint in my finances at a time when I really could do to save the money I spend on karate every week.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to quite because I know I'll regret it again but everytime it's a training day I end up feeling quite anxious about it because I just don't want to go.

Feeling really down about it all to be honest.

Try not to let yourself worry about your weight. If you can pull that off you'll be set on that front and it will surely make things easier.

All the rest of it sounds like a crappy McDojo to me. I suggest switching to a better school.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt