• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Improvised Weapons

Aces Red

I was wondering, what are the top three weapons such as the sword, staff, or escirma, etc. which you can find in a real street confrontation as an improvised weapon? Such as using a Pool Stick as a Bo Staff or maybe even two escirmas if you were to snap it into? Are there any improvised weapons out there which have duel factuality? Thanks guys and gals ladies and gents *Poofs in a puff of smoke*

People are bound not by limitation, but rather by the barriers of their imagination~~ Paul White-- 2004

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well if you're at home and there's a break-in, you can probably find all three right there in your kitchen; IF you have the time to reach them.

Knives

Broomstick handle or mop

...and if you're like my husband, who leaves various tools around the house, maybe even a wrench or a power drill. Now THOSE are weapons! LOL

Now talking about a street situation, let's say a bar or restaurant, the first thing that comes to mind is a bottle or utensil (knife or fork) in addition to the pool stick idea you mentioned. Can't see a sword-like or staff-like weapon appearing unless the attack occurred in the kitchen of the bar or restaurant.

Hmm...maybe someone else can come up with more creative ideas than I did. :)

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I was wondering, what are the top three weapons such as the sword, staff, or escirma, etc. which you can find in a real street confrontation as an improvised weapon?

Does anyone in the forum still use the anti-theft device for cars, the Club? I do. Having a tire iron under your front seat can be interpreted as that you were looking for a confrontation, when you were actually trying to keep the guy(s) away from you in a situation involving your car. The Club is a legitimate anti-theft device, so there's nothing to explain about it being in the passenger compartment, is metal, and can be wielded with one hand or two.

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

A smaller flashlight can make a good weapon as well, like the Kubotan. In fact, there are some tactical flashlight classes floating around that can teach you to use one in such a way. Blind them first, and then attack them with it.

Keys are a good improvised weapon, although the range is a touch limited. But, if you are close enough to punch someone, then you can use that key jutting out from between your knuckles.

If you find a rake or some other lawn tool in a yard, one could be used well as a staff. Smaller branches from trees could suffice as a short stick.

Also, if you know a sword art, then you could use any stick and do the same striking and blocking maneuvers as with the sword art.

I was wondering, what are the top three weapons such as the sword, staff, or escirma, etc. which you can find in a real street confrontation as an improvised weapon?

Does anyone in the forum still use the anti-theft device for cars, the Club? I do. Having a tire iron under your front seat can be interpreted as that you were looking for a confrontation, when you were actually trying to keep the guy(s) away from you in a situation involving your car. The Club is a legitimate anti-theft device, so there's nothing to explain about it being in the passenger compartment, is metal, and can be wielded with one hand or two.

:karate:

Oh jeez, yeah - we use one on our car & I don't really see too many around any more. Friends of ours joke that someday we will get the car stolen and the thieves will leave the club in the spot where the car used to be. LOL :lol:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one that is often overlooked - ice scrappers. The longer, two handed ones work great because they can be handled like an escrima stick or bokken.

The smaller ones, while not as good, can be handled like a sai (although without the flipping in and out).

I was wondering, what are the top three weapons such as the sword, staff, or escirma, etc. which you can find in a real street confrontation as an improvised weapon? Such as using a Pool Stick as a Bo Staff or maybe even two escirmas if you were to snap it into? Are there any improvised weapons out there which have duel factuality? Thanks guys and gals ladies and gents *Poofs in a puff of smoke*

I like this! It's giving me some really good ideas! :lol: :D :D

• 1 month later...