• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WKF Karate tournament

simi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

From my experience yes BUT it's by their rules. I once was helping out a more "Americanized" Shito ryu instructor(this was around '96 or '97) who I warned on not even entering a WKF tournament and his top brown belt student. The brown belt student was a young teen and talented doing his own made up tapered bo forms...you get the picture. Of course when he lost his Dad got upset and said it was all favorism. The instructor "won" in kumite because his opponent broke his ankle with aal technique so he received 1st place in his division.

Anyhow, the instructor contacted the USANKF(the're associated with the WKF) and registered his dojo and then entered this WKF tournament.

You can only do certain kata, a certain way to even have a chance of scoring in WKF tournaments, remember that.

Then, If we have WKF registered, we can participate and do our own kata forms exept shito, wado, shotokan, goju, kyokoshin or any popular karate school, in this WKF touranment?!.

What do you mean your own kata? WKF won't even recognize most Kyokushin kata, especially the wayven the goju ones are done by most kyokushin dojo I have been involved with.

You have to do either a goju, shito, wado, or shotokan dojo that is done the way the WKF sets otherwise it won't be judgable. More or less, anyway. It's not always the best way but it makes it fare because the judges will be well versed in judging those kata. This is also done to "unify" Karate so it can maybe one day be in the olympics(which I doubt and hope never happens).

What do you mean your own kata?

Iam learning in a karate school which is never registered in WKF. My sensei created his own style karate school. He has learned under shito ryu style. He changed some movements in katas in own.