• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This isn't a political posting; it's about an article that appeared in today's (October 8, 2008) New York Times. It seems that Alexander Putin of Russia has released his own Judo video. The title is “Let’s Learn Judo With Vladimir Putin," and an excerpt from the article reads, "The judo video includes instructional tips from Mr. Putin, a black belt, and from Yasuhiro Yamashita, a former world champion, among others . . ."

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

No I really need to get my hands on that. How many times do you see a world leader physically laying the smackdown.

He's no slouch. There were a couple of other YouTube videos with it, and I'd say he's got a career ahead as Vladimir "the Terrible" Putin in MMA.

Wouldn't it be something if/when it becomes available outside of Russia, that it's a bestselling DVD?

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to a brief in Black Belt Magazine, he holds a 6th dan in the art. The brief also stated that he may have began his MA training in Sambo, which wouldn't be an outlandish claim in Russia.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the things it does have is a general statistical breakdown of what throws win in competition. As to the technical section, imo, there are better books available. It does have a small section on Sambo which is interesting to contrast. The self-defense section I was not impressed by.

Bottom line - Putin didn't write it, more he put his name on it for marketing reasons (something he has said in print). In general it's a fun read of the basics but, imo, not worth paying retail for.

My two cents. :)