• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First Skydive Over Mount Everest

Patrick

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3139635/British-skydiver-makes-first-jump-over-Mount-Everest.html

Adventurer Holly Budge, 29, described the experience as "amazing, just spectacular" after making a safe landing at 3,900 metres (12,870 feet).

The Hampshire camerawoman was one of three skydivers in Nepal to make the first plunge from above the world's highest peak.

Have you ever done any skydiving? Would you?

Via Digg.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

Did it. I was in Switzerland, near an area called Interlaken. Awesome scenery and I jumped out of a helicopter rather than a plane - way more scarier.

There was 2 of us in the helicopter and they had to remove the side door as well and I was on the ledge as the helipcopter went up to 10000 feet.

Awesome experience. Also did paragliding while I was there.

It cost me 400EU for the jump and 129 for the paragliding.

Did it. I was in Switzerland, near an area called Interlaken. Awesome scenery and I jumped out of a helicopter rather than a plane . . .

Awesome experience. Also did paragliding while I was there.

The parachutists in the article landed at the foothills of Mt. Everest. MotionXL. where did you land when jumping from the helicopter? (A friend of mine has visited Switzerland twice, so I wondered if he'd be familiar with where you were in the Alps.) When paragliding, wasn't it trickier to land, since you're moving horizontally?

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu