• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Did your dad teach you how to fight?

Haha thats pretty much how it was for me...except when I started when I was five I wanted to learn to fly around like Jet li...haha

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This used to be something that happened more often in the West. The old man would take the kids out in the yard, or the basement, or into the garage, and teach them the "basics" of fighting. Keep your hands up, punch straight out, etc., etc. I believe that this used to happen more, but doesn't really happen so much anymore.

Did your dad ever teach you how to fight? I remember when I was younget that my dad would spend some time with us on different aspects of defending ourselves. I think it is something that should be rekindled, too. I hope to do the same with my son.

He never did, but fortunately my brothers and I had each other to practice on :lol:

Yep, my dad and grandpa taught me some basic SD... My dad taught me how to punch and how to use some dirty tactics while grandfather taught me basic judo... So i know some throws... But for me it's not enough... I really need a formal training... :D

Humility is THE BEST POLICY...

• 3 weeks later...

My dad taught me reatty young on the basics of most MA, punching, kicking, moving, open hand techniques, some throws, and gave me a good idea what sticky hands was before i knew anything about MA. He never really had a whole lot of formal training later in life, but he was pretty into kung fu as an adolescent. Good times.

Not the "Y"!! A good school!!! I gotta learn Karate!!!