• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greatest PKA Heavyweights

Hello all! It's been too long since I posted here! I saw a promo for an inDemand pay per view that starts tomorrow featuring The Greatest Heavyweight Strikers of All Time from the heyday of the PKA.

How many of you would watch this and how do you feel they would do against today's MMA and K1 fighters?

Here is the link:

Mods: If this is in the wrong forum I apologize. Please move it and let me know. I've been out of the loop for a bit.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Their fighting makes me think of them going up against Chuck Norris's World Combat League, Darth Paul, rather than MMA, which has grappling. You knock them out, no one taps out, in the WCL fights. I wonder if the PKA fighters would have adjusted just as well to the round ring as the traditional one?

The heavy hitters show you're referring to does sound interesting.

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

You make a good point.

And yes, it should be a really good show, especially for those of us old enough to remember watching these guys fight!

As far as striking goes, I think those PKA guys could hang with most of the MMAers out there today. The grappling aspect would be another story. However, if they would have spent time on it, they would have a shot.

It was cool to see a few spin backs in there. Its a good kick, if you can work your strategy to land it.