• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Brisingr...Book III of the Inheritance Trilogy

bushido_man96

I remember there being a small contingent of Inheritance followers here, so I wondered if anyone had picked up a copy of Brisingr yet. I've got mine, and will be reading it shortly.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I didn't know it was out already.. might have to go out and get it. Will be a while before I read it though as still have the last Harry Potter to read :D.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Definalty planning on it. I'm gonna try and wait for paperback. We'll see if that actaully happens.

Oh yeah, it'll hit paperback. Wait about 8 months, but it will. The other 2 have already, too.

I wonder if they are going to do the 2nd movie? I'm not sure I would go see it, because I thought the first one was a botch job.

Yeah, that movie was horrible. They'd almost do better to actually get another adaptation done (you know, one that actually has something to do with the book) and start over. No one remembers the first one anyway, and rightfully so.

I will give them credit on one thing, I really like the shadow dragon in the big final fight that the shade is riding. But that's about all I can give it. That and Rachel Weis' voiceover for the dragon.

The second book laid alot of interesting ground work for part 3. If this book improves at the rate that 2 did from 1 it will be an excellent read.

On another note for fantasy fans here on the site, I've been reading the Black Company series by Glen Cook recently and it's excellent. It's really a gritty, in the trenches view of the fanstasy genera. It's definately worth checking out.

I've been thru the first three, Black Company, Shadows Linger, and The White Rose. All excellent. I'm still on Shadow Games which is the first story packaged with the omnibus "Books of the South". So far so good.

Apparerntly, they do suffer somewhat as they go but at least the first three are real must reads for fans of the fantasy thing.

If you like a grittier side of fantasy, then you should check out George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. Really good reads.

Pre-ordered Brsinger from Amazon. Got it a couple of weeks ago but haven't cracked it open yet. I'm currently rereading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series and a couple of non-fiction books, so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. Maybe someone else in my family will get to it soon.

Didn't particularly like the Eragon movie, but I'm used to movies not equaling books. Does anyone remember the Lord of the Rings movie by Bakshi? It covered Fellowship and the Two Towers, but it wasn't good enough to get The Return of the King made. Even so, I hope Eragon did well enough to continue the series. I'd like to see what they do with another one.

The Black Company was great! I haven't read it in... over a decade. I don't remember which books I enjoyed the most, but the Books of the North were definitely up there.

John - ASE Martial Arts Supply

https://www.asemartialarts.com