• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Was humbled recently

kansascityshuffle

I agree with you Tiger. Even though my wife doesn't train anymore, she can still listen to me when I talk to her about MA, and she doesn't have that blank look on her face.

Good for you, KCshuffle. Its great when you can find someone with that kind of compatibility. Perhaps you two will become great training partners, too.

Yep, it's true. When my husband talks to me about baseball, my eyes kinda glaze over but bring up martial arts and my ears perk up and vice versa if I talk to him about martial arts.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been on here for a few days and in all honesty was still thinking a lot of how humble this girl is about her martial art training. I have dated a few other girls through martial arts but that's how I met them, I didn't meet her this way. No telling if anything serious will come out of this but I'm still amazed at meeting someone that has trained that long and keeps it that much of a secret.

He is a lucky guy. Every time a girl asks me what my hobbies are and I tell them, their dull faced through "writing books" and then when I say "and a little martial arts" she'll look at me like I just threatened her life.

BB of C . . . I don't know what kind of writing you do, fiction or non-fiction, but there are women who are definitely attracted to creative men.

I don't doubt it. I write action/adventure novels.

And as for the martial arts, well, who's to say there isn't a lovely lady out there who's into fitness, open to the martial arts, and appreciates an intelligent man?

_____ :karate: _____

The ones that I've known so far :lol: Not saying there's not, Just saying I find them rare.

Haven't been on here for a few days and in all honesty was still thinking a lot of how humble this girl is about her martial art training. I have dated a few other girls through martial arts but that's how I met them, I didn't meet her this way. No telling if anything serious will come out of this but I'm still amazed at meeting someone that has trained that long and keeps it that much of a secret.

Some people are better at it than others.

When people ask me, the first thing I tell them is my writing. I can't even count the number of times I've been telling someone (man or woman) about my books and this would happen:

BB of C: "And he teams up with a guy named Craig who knows an Israili martial art called Krav Maga-"

Person: *Interruption* "Do you know karate?"

BB of C: "Yes. Anyway-"

Person: :o "How many people can you beat up at once?"

BB of C: :dodgy:

Where that happens to me, I've seen it not happen as much with other people unless the martial arts were that person's sole hobby. I think it might have to do with a person having more than one or two hobbies, one being martial arts, and the other two not relating at all to martial arts. Like ladies may like martial arts and shoe shopping :lol: DON'T KILL ME!

I don't understand your answer to that question, Nicholas. How many people can you beat up at once?

;)

:lol: Just kidding. :)

The BB of C wrote:

....I think it might have to do with a person having more than one or two hobbies, one being martial arts, and the other two not relating at all to martial arts. Like ladies may like martial arts and shoe shopping DON'T KILL ME!

As a matter of fact, I happen to like martial arts AND shoe shopping ! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

He is a lucky guy. Every time a girl asks me what my hobbies are and I tell them, their dull faced through "writing books" and then when I say "and a little martial arts" she'll look at me like I just threatened her life.

LOL - I've noticed over the years in regard to relationships and karate, that it seems to work best if both partners are either involved in some kind of martial arts or at the very least very familiar with it. Who else can understand our hobby / past time / obsession but a fellow practitioner? :brow: Just my observation.

If I'm wrong - someone please give a "shout out" - :lol:

No offense to my husband :P it could get a little annoying having both partners involve in martial arts I have to be on my guard all the time when I'm around him in and out of the dojo. I never no when he will throw a kick or a punch or put me in a standing arm lock. Not to say I might not deserve it every once in a while :D but it does get annoying but I would not change it, we take ma as a family.

No offense to my husband :P it could get a little annoying having both partners involve in martial arts I have to be on my guard all the time when I'm around him in and out of the dojo. I never no when he will throw a kick or a punch or put me in a standing arm lock. Not to say I might not deserve it every once in a while :D but it does get annoying but I would not change it, we take ma as a family.

LOL !!! yours does that too? I felt silly mentioning it but since you did - I will say that we too often break into sparring mode sometimes out of nowhere. :lol: :lol:

LOL !!! yours does that too? I felt silly mentioning it but since you did - I will say that we too often break into sparring mode sometimes out of nowhere. :lol: :lol:

The security people in the stores probably get a huge laugh out of us. I told him the other day he has to knock it off or one day we are going to get kicked out of the store, could you amagine getting kicked out of walmart :lol: which he would love because he hates that place. I no he just playing but it gets on my nerves. Here is a good one, we were standing in line at a resturant an he started twisting my arm in to a lock and I punched him in the stomach for it, this older gentleman said if he was a few years younger he would get in on our match, I was so upset :kaioken: . He just laughed.

LOL - I've noticed over the years in regard to relationships and karate, that it seems to work best if both partners are either involved in some kind of martial arts or at the very least very familiar with it. Who else can understand our hobby / past time / obsession but a fellow practitioner? :brow: Just my observation.

If I'm wrong - someone please give a "shout out" - :lol:

Holy crap would I ever love it if my life was like that.

I can picture it now:

As I was walked into the kitchen, she was enjoying herself with a Frank Peretti book. We greet each other and return to what we were doing. Our eyes meet. Only for a split second, but in that split second we silently say "I love you" and "Prepare for battle." We attempt to shake it off as nothing.

I hear a chair slide across the tile floor and three thumping footsteps of a dashing opponent. My reflexes take over and the refrigerator door becomes a makeshift shield that shelters me from a blast that would have made a stack of cinderblocks turn pale with fear. I attempt a sweep kick counter, but alas, my lover is too fast and evades with a graceful backhand spring. We face each other for three seconds that seem like three hours. Then the battle begins...

:lol:

:karate:

LOL - these married martial arts stories sound like scenes out of the movie "Mr & Mrs Smith", which incidentally, was one of my favorites. :P

Ok, ok, sorry for getting off topic, please forgive me - back to business.... :D