• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Reaction Time Test

DWx

Found this reaction time test. Its pretty cool as you can test yourself with different colours too. I seem to do better with the pink/red colours but I'm a bit slow, usually get around 0.4 seconds. :( Anyone get below 0.3?

http://www.tkdtutor.com/06Concepts/Techniques/ReflexTest.htm

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've really got to practice with this one. I found Alice Blue the hardest, as it's more subtle a change, but I did better with the medium tones than the bright ones. I thought I'd do best with the brights, but the numbers don't lie. I see that a challenge of the test is that you don't know when the color will change, really keeping you on alert.

Anything under .5 I was glad about; the closer to .4, the better. I did get some in the .3 range.

This is actually a good "test" for my psychology students to take, :idea: in that we study classical and operant conditioning, and this is operant with a variable time schedule. It's hard to give fancy terms to students and expect that these have meaning to them; this is a real-life test, with the reward being a good score.

Thanks, DWx! :D

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Interesting. :) I just left it on the default deep pink. Here are my first 10 scores:

Then I flipped it to Crimson:

Chocolate:

Dang, Patrick. You the man!

AliceBlue was a tough color, and I was over .4 or .5 with it. The bright colors were a bit better, but nothing under .3.

Thanks. :)

heh... yes, I am the man of flicking a mouse when a color changes! Who's hiring? :D

Found this reaction time test. . . .

Anyone get below 0.3?

http://www.tkdtutor.com/06Concepts/Techniques/ReflexTest.htm

My psychology students loved this test, DWx! One of the computer labs was open during psychology class, so each student could be tested to her heart's content.

They all started off needing to do a few to get the idea, and we were surprised that a couple of athletes did no better than anyone else (mostly in the .4 range, some in .3), but there was one girl who was often in the .2 range. I guess being a teenager has its speed advantages.

We talked about neurons, speed of informing the brain, processing, and speed of the reaction. I was glad to see them learning and enjoying themselves at the same time.

_ _ _ _ _ :lol: _ _ _ _ _

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

:D Glad you liked it Joesteph.

Seriously Patrick, how on earth did you get the 0.2s?!? Mine gets worse the more I sit here staring at the screen.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

:D Glad you liked it Joesteph.

Seriously Patrick, how on earth did you get the 0.2s?!? Mine gets worse the more I sit here staring at the screen.

Try not to just stare at the screen. Look off to the side, and use your peripheral vision to react to the change.

heh, I don't really have any tips, sorry. I just opened it up again and... well... a screenshot is probably a good idea.

http://www.karateforums.com/images/temp/tkdtutor.jpg

:lol: :evil:

How much more practicing should I do...