• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

leaving my sensei?

unknownstyle

i decided to stay, he has no problem with cross training but i wont train with someone that doesnt allow me to stay with my teacher.

glad you were able to come to a decision that works for you, sounds like you made the right one.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i decided to stay, he has no problem with cross training but i wont train with someone that doesn't allow me to stay with my teacher.
Hi unknown style, sorry to come in on the end of this, but does this mean that you have stayed with your original group, and they are still ok for you to train with your original sensei (even though he has broken away from the group)?

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

i decided to stay, he has no problem with cross training but i wont train with someone that doesnt allow me to stay with my teacher.

Sounds good, unknownstyle. I'm glad that you feel confident in your decision.

All

I've actually left my Sensei' organisation since I added my last post.

I am greatful for all the time and guidance he has given me but I began to think differently about Karate.

As I already my own club I still have all my students.

I have affiliated to an organisation that is headed by a Friend of mine and moving my Liability cover to the AMA.

The Syllabus and kata I have changed too including the Belt colours although I was tempted to add a Camo coloured belt for junior Dan Grades (you'll be glade to know I didn't go through with that).

My Friend and new Sensei will be able to grade me up the syllabus for the technical Dan grades.

I am also looking at expanding to a few more locations once I have realigned the accounts as grading fees are now all coming to me.

It just shows that the same issues affect more than one person at a time.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)

All

I've actually left my Sensei' organisation since I added my last post.

I am greatful for all the time and guidance he has given me but I began to think differently about Karate.

As I already my own club I still have all my students.

I have affiliated to an organisation that is headed by a Friend of mine and moving my Liability cover to the AMA.

The Syllabus and kata I have changed too including the Belt colours although I was tempted to add a Camo coloured belt for junior Dan Grades (you'll be glade to know I didn't go through with that).

My Friend and new Sensei will be able to grade me up the syllabus for the technical Dan grades.

I am also looking at expanding to a few more locations once I have realigned the accounts as grading fees are now all coming to me.

It just shows that the same issues affect more than one person at a time.

Hi Dobbersky, that's a very bold thing you have done. What is your new system called.

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

Hi Dobbersky, that's a very bold thing you have done. What is your new system called.

Thanks everyone for you kind words

The New style is called 'Koku Tora Ryu Karate Do'

The Reason for the name is that I have looked at all the Kata etc and Tiger's tend to 'patrol' alone and as I am now 'alone' I though of this also I have a Black Tiger Tattoo on my arm.

As Wado Ryu Techniques will be coming into the style I pre-empted it by adding the 'Ryu' to the name

Some may say its not a good reason for naming a style but to me it gives me completion in my Karate journey

I will have a website shortly with Demos of the kata etc so you will be able to view it.

"Challenge is a Dragon with a Gift in its mouth....Tame the Dragon and the Gift is Yours....." Noela Evans (author)