• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Japan Military Shotokan Karate

Shinta

Bare knuckle under waza ari/ippon kind of rules? So basically "point fighting" bareknuckle, right? When I hear bareknuckle in karate I usually think Kyokushin and other knockdown style rules, as do most others in Karate. What that means is, leg kicks(similar to muay thai), knee strikes, knock out power kicks to the head, and full force punches are allowed but no punching to the face. In Sabaki and some other tournament rules you're allowed same side clinching for about 3 seconds, too.

I'm know of S.K.I.F. and I seriously doubt it's anything similar to the rules i just described but please correct me if I'm wrong. If I am, what country is this in? Thank you for the info.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes, the point system is waza ari/ippon in competitions.

I'd rather keep silent about my nationality if you don't mind however I can tell you I'm not in an english speaking country :)

I can also tell you that we practice a slightly less point oriented competition in our internal competitions :)

S.K.I.

Learn, don't expect to be taught.

I myself have done seminars under Kanazawa and Murakami years and years ago. I also did some under Teruo Hayashi(rip), Demura, and many others but point fighting is much different than what's normally known as "bareknuckle karate". I watched some footage last night, coincidentally of an English lad who's been in Japan for the last 11 years or so that at first was shown competing bareknuckle but later with fist protectors. So, I suppose in some Shotokan competitions the competition used to be done bareknuckle..learned something new, thanks.