• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Going to start Aikido classes

Well, I have made up my mind after attending the Aikido seminar this last weekend that I am going to start attending the Saturday morning class that is held at the university here.

This will be my first new experience in a Martial Art class since 1993! The Combat Hapkido came along as a supplement to our TKD classes orginally, so it had a familiar feel to it. The Aikido sessions will be a whole new experience, even a different language!

I look forward to this new experience, and to what it can bring to the training I already have. I can't wait to expand my knowledge even further! :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cool. I bet Aikido would compliment TKD and Hapkido quite well. You'll have to learn some Japanese now bushido :P .

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Very cool. Glad you enjoyed it so much. Now, don't go getting all formaly on me... :)

Very cool. Glad you enjoyed it so much. Now, don't go getting all formaly on me... :)

Oh, don't worry! This old dog won't change much. I'm sure I'll see some new perspectives, but they won't necessarily become my perspectives. :)

Cool. I bet Aikido would compliment TKD and Hapkido quite well. You'll have to learn some Japanese now bushido.

Yes, I have already seen where some of the compliments can come into play with each other. I look forward to working them together eventually.

And yes, the Japanese will have to come as well. It'll be tough, but I think I can manage...

• 2 weeks later...

Check out over in the training log, white owl. He's keeping us posted on that ongoing thread.

Yeah, I post my workouts and observations of training over yonder.

Unfortunately, last weekend was Octoberfest weekend, and here, that is a big deal. So, we didn't have class, as both the Sensei and the Sempai were out of town. I'll get back to class this weekend on Saturday morning, though.

I did order a few books on Aikido, though, and have been thumbing through them. I work some of it in when we have our Hapkido sessions, too.