• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

how do you like to train

Underlink

how do you like to train?

i realise this is a karate forum but as there i no section for aikido it sorta falls in the same ball park. i am a 2nd dan in karate but i also train aikido.

my old aikido class was very light and sympathetic and i learned the moves well enough but found myself unsure of how well i would be able to implement them in a real world situation.

i joined a new aikido class when i started uni and have been training for a few years now its yoshikan aikido or (the hard style) and it is very hard the workouts and excersise kill me, the moves are always done with full force so much so that when i first started i came home with bruises on my arms and pains everywhere

however because of this method of training i find my body is less suseptable to injury and i am more conditioned for being hit and thrown to the floor.

i absolutely love this style of training and refuse to train any other way as i now know that i could implement these techniques in the street and they would work as i have tested it in almost full force in training.

(appolagies for spelling i am dyslexic)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Start out with a fast warm up, usually running or cals. Then move on into an instructinal phase. Then into "live drilling" or working on those ovements in situational context. Then onto froo training of some sort. Ex. of sparring, rolling, sd simulations, ect. Try to do the whole package in 1.5-2 hours.

The above outline pretty much works for any aspect that your working on that night. Mitts and strikes, submissions, small joint, weapons. You can teach all these with the same kind of format to one degree or another. Constant motion, lots of "round based" sims. That keeps the intensity up.

That's my preferance.

Any session where after I'm so mentally and physically tired I just want to go home and sleep.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

i realise this is a karate forum but as there i no section for aikido it sorta falls in the same ball park. i am a 2nd dan in karate but i also train aikido.

my old aikido class was very light and sympathetic and i learned the moves well enough but found myself unsure of how well i would be able to implement them in a real world situation.

i joined a new aikido class when i started uni and have been training for a few years now its yoshikan aikido or (the hard style) and it is very hard the workouts and excersise kill me, the moves are always done with full force so much so that when i first started i came home with bruises on my arms and pains everywhere

however because of this method of training i find my body is less suseptable to injury and i am more conditioned for being hit and thrown to the floor.

i absolutely love this style of training and refuse to train any other way as i now know that i could implement these techniques in the street and they would work as i have tested it in almost full force in training.

(appolagies for spelling i am dyslexic)

you have good spelling no worries! :)

iluvmartialartskajukenbousansoomooyeadokarate

I love to train basics again and again alone. And then see my evolution with a partner :)

I believe that if you master basics, everything else will come pretty much naturally. You'll have the balance, power, endurance, correctness of posture...

S.K.I.

Learn, don't expect to be taught.

In class, I like the joint locks and block & strike techniques the best.

At home, I enjoy beating up BOB the most.

I use free time at the dojang, just before class, to practice hyungs at a more moderate speed, feeling the body movements being done more precisely, my body balance so much better, and my focus, my concentration, on a better mental plane. I think I learned these feelings from doing Taiji years ago; it never left me.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu