• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fushin Ryu anyone?

FushinRyu

Hey i was just wondering, does anyone else know of and practice Fushin ryu? cuz i've looked everywhere and cant find one other than my dojo. i just wanted to know if anyone's ever even heard of it. :-?

proud brown belt of Fushin Ryu style!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hey i was just wondering, does anyone else know of and practice Fushin ryu? cuz i've looked everywhere and cant find one other than my dojo. i just wanted to know if anyone's ever even heard of it. :-?

Have you checked out the official web site:

http://fushinryukarate.org

and clicked on links, or gone right to the links web page:

http://fushinryukarate.org/links.html

According to the web site, the founder is over eighty years old and still teaches in Japan.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Never heard of it neither but interesting reading when I read the history of it on the sites posted. Was originally a Kendo style and the current Soke made it into a karatedo style. I believe it's the first time I heard of that actually happen, especially in Japan. Although, Shotokan was heavily influenced by Kendo and Judo because of the high ranking yudansha were also yudansha in kendo/judo.

• 6 months later...

yeah well our style is pretty much a combination of other styles and it's kinda famous i guess for our double blocking. i think shihan chris said that master sugihara was given a title of "untouchable" or something like that because of it. :karate:

• 4 months later...

I have been training American Fushin Ryu for the last 2 years. I bet in the same school as you...AFR? It is very hard to find information on our style. I have tried as well. It is growing in popularity in Japan and is well known in New Zealand as well.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight" Ps. 144:1

http://www.actionkaratearts.com/

I have been training American Fushin Ryu for the last 2 years. I bet in the same school as you...AFR? It is very hard to find information on our style. I have tried as well. It is growing in popularity in Japan and is well known in New Zealand as well.

not to be nosy or anything... but who are you??? i go to afr too! if that's too personal just tell me your belt rank.

not to be nosy or anything... but who are you??? i go to afr too! if that's too personal just tell me your belt rank.

No problem :D Shihan has been calling me Marc-san for the last couple of years. I'm the old guy in the adult class.

I was interested in who you were as well. If you want to let me know by email so your name is not out there for everyone to see, feel free:

webmaster@actionkaratearts.com

Hope to hear from you.

Marc G.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight" Ps. 144:1

http://www.actionkaratearts.com/

No problem :D Shihan has been calling me Marc-san for the last couple of years. I'm the old guy in the adult class.

I was interested in who you were as well. If you want to let me know by email so your name is not out there for everyone to see, feel free:

webmaster@actionkaratearts.com

Hope to hear from you.

Marc G.

Oh! Mister Marc! You probably don't remember me since we've only had two classes together, but i'm the black-green belt, James. So where've ya been? You haven't been to any classes lately... just wondering. Oh and by the way, don't tell shihan about this account kay :) It just would feel a bit aukward... Sorry but sending a personal message through that kind of messenger is a bit complex and i couldn't figure it out....