• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I ordered 2 new titles on Medieval Swordsmanship...

bushido_man96

Ok, I ordered two new books on Medieval Swordsmanship this week, so I thought I would just drop it here, too.

These are the ones I ordered:

Medieval Sword and Shield, The Combat System of Royal Armouries MS I.33

The Medieval Art of Swordsmanship, A Fascimilie & Translation of the World's Oldest Personal Combat Treatise

I love sword and shield combat, and I look forward to these books with such glee! (although my wife quirks a bit at the price...but she knows I'm worth it.. :wink: ).

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I keep trying to tell my wife the same thing and she never beleives me :) .

Let us know how those titles are. It is an interesting area of study. I just got a text on medieval combat that was trans from Hans Talhoffer, apparently the movements are from roughtly the 15th cent. Pretty neat stuff I gotta say.

On another note, you library is become more an more impressive.

Thanks, tallgeese.

I have the Talhoffer title as well. I like it, too. I have been hard pressed to find one that I don't like, yet.

John Clements also has a new title out, on polearm combat. I will be purchasing that one shortly, as well.

As for these titles, I usually do a review of the books that I have and read in the Martial Arts Research Library thread, if you want to check them out.

I know, I don't have a life... :lol:

How many books do you have? :o
Um, a ton....I don't know what the count is right now. Especially if you count my library of fiction titles, which has grown exponentially in the last year as well. :brow:

I got the books in today. I started reading the facsimilie book, and I will read Wagner and Hand's book second. Awesome!!