• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I will be attending an Aikido seminar this weekend

The Aikido club at our local college is sponsoring an Aikido seminar this weekend, and the best part of is that its going to be free! I couldn't get to it last year, but I am looking forward to getting to it this year. It spans 3 days, and am really excited about seeing things in a different outlook.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very cool. You'll certainly enjoy it and it will give you a different look at things for sure.

You will have a ball I am sure.

Your ukemi (breakfalling) up to par? :o

Enjoy, and let us know how you get on.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

There you go, Zanshin. Translations, that's what I'm talking about :) .

Slipped that one in there just for you tallgeese my man ;-)

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

You will have a ball I am sure.

Your ukemi (breakfalling) up to par? :o

Enjoy, and let us know how you get on.

I do a lot of Hapkido, so I am pretty good at breakfalls. I have a good slap on the mat, anyways!

The seminar is over, and it went well. I'll have updates coming shortly, both here and in the Training thread.

The only bad thing is that we covered a lot, and I retained very little! :(

That'll happen. It's happened to me at about every seminar I've ever went to. Still, the exposure is the important thing. Looking forward to hearing your review.

Well, I have updated my Aikido experience in the Martial Artists' Training Log thread, so I won't rehash all of it here. But, I will throw in some information here as well.

I really enjoyed the seminar, and I learned a lot of new things about how to move, and how to stay more relaxed and use my "center" to help with techniques. Several of the guys there commented that I had a good center (which means I have a use for my big hips! :lol: ), if I can just take the time to work on it. The basics were kind of confusing, but with time, I can get them down.

The seminar was put on by the Fort Hays State University Aikido Club, and this club is under the Aikido Association of America. Sensei Stephen Toyoda was the seminar instructor, and I thought that he was a very nice, genuine person. He was very helpful when we had questions, and I thought that he was a very good instructor.

The best news that I found out over the course of the weekend was that the Aikido Club has a class on Saturday mornings, and the club is free of tuition. So, I may go back on Saturday for a class.