• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Punching "dummy" for a Self-defense Class

I volunteered to put on a foam suit (like the Red Man suit, I believe) and be the punching dummy for a ladies self defense class. I have never done this before and I heard that the ladies can get a bit aggressive in these classes. Can anyone provide any tips, suggestions, or insight into what to expect?

Thanks!

Ed

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the ladies can get a bit aggressive in these classes.

I took a look at that suit, Ed, and I think it was developed because this class is going to make Mixed Martial Arts look tame.

I take it you've got guts!

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

I think that's a great thing you're gonna do! I wish my school would do that.

Don't worry too much about the ladies being too agressive. You don't worry about the guys being too much so, do you? :lol: :wink:

:wave:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I would worry a bit, because if the training is done right, the instructor(s) are going to be putting a bit of fear into the hearts of the ladies, so that when they do attack it will be "with meaning...."

So, just be ready to protect the ole jewels! I think it is a great thing, and it should be fun for you.

Just be a good bad guy, they'll do the rest. There is so much paddin gin that thing you'll be fine.

As useful as the suits are, I want to get my hands on Blauer system's new suit. It looks much more mobile and you caould actually move like an attacker in it.

Still, the red man's useful and it is always a good time.

I volunteered to put on a foam suit (like the Red Man suit, I believe) and be the punching dummy for a ladies self defense class. I have never done this before and I heard that the ladies can get a bit aggressive in these classes. Can anyone provide any tips, suggestions, or insight into what to expect?

Thanks!

you will be falling a lot so tuck that chin in..

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

Ed, I've been there. I have also been the guy in the self defense class wearing that suit.

The women love it! They usually start out timid, but as soon as they realize it's ok to hit you, watch out!

The suit takes the sting out of getting hit, but be prepared, you still feel the impact. And the suit make it difficult to really tuck your chin so your head gets bounced around a lot (especially when they start taking you down)... be prepared.

I think they should be whaling on people without the suit.

Is that a job that you would sign up for? Not me. I have to work to make my money.