• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A good karate dojo in toronto?

Beaverfighter

Hello, I am a 21 year old student who is deeply interested in karate.

I have a 1st dan in kendo, but now I want to shift to something different.

Unforetunately, I do not know much about karate.

So I just blindly started searching for a good dojo and what karate is.

But i got more confused as my research deepened.

Maybe it's because of all the texts that I'm reading instead of talking to karate activists, or actually learning it first-hand.

For example, I heard of a karate style called "Kyokushin" from a friend, and I liked the philosophy.

So I looked it up, but all these other styles of karate started coming up, which confused me even more -_-a;;

To sum up, I'd like to know what karate is, and where I can learn the true karate.

I have already learned what I can through internet, but I believe I need to listen from people with experience, Karate Martial Artists.

I do not want to be in a dojo where its crawling with little kids, and business-like places.

Perhaps a dojo with strict and focussed atmosphere where I can thoroughly learn the fundamentals of karate.

A few years of my kendo training has lead me to a disciplinary life, and seek more challenge.

Therefore, I am willing to face any rigorous training.

Thank you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hello, I am a 21 year old student who is deeply interested in karate.

I have a 1st dan in kendo, but now I want to shift to something different.

Unforetunately, I do not know much about karate.

So I just blindly started searching for a good dojo and what karate is.

But i got more confused as my research deepened.

Maybe it's because of all the texts that I'm reading instead of talking to karate activists, or actually learning it first-hand.

For example, I heard of a karate style called "Kyokushin" from a friend, and I liked the philosophy.

So I looked it up, but all these other styles of karate started coming up, which confused me even more -_-a;;

To sum up, I'd like to know what karate is, and where I can learn the true karate.

I have already learned what I can through internet, but I believe I need to listen from people with experience, Karate Martial Artists.

I do not want to be in a dojo where its crawling with little kids, and business-like places.

Perhaps a dojo with strict and focussed atmosphere where I can thoroughly learn the fundamentals of karate.

A few years of my kendo training has lead me to a disciplinary life, and seek more challenge.

Therefore, I am willing to face any rigorous training.

Thank you.

Hi Beaverfighter,

This club is part of Norma Foster's group and connected to the Japan Karate Federation (JKF) Wadokai.

https://www.bushidokarate.ca

As such they have very good connections. I have never trained with them, but I am sure they are a good calibre club as Norma Foster's standards are extremely high (well I suppose they would be as she is the highest ranking female Karate-ka in the world).

Wado is a very authentic Japanese style that offers a complete system. But then i would say that as I am biased.

Anyway, I don't think they are too far from you.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com