• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An instructor or master can not ask anything of his or her students that he/she is not prepared to do themselfs.

If i require my students (for example) to practice stance training for 30 min. a day, i make damb sure i'm doing my 30 min. too. Same goes for no no's...if i say, for example: "No smoking, no drinking, no meat, no whatever" then i can't smoke, drink or eat meat eather.

Now your grand master may not require you, or any of the other students not to smoke. But if he dose, that is the only way i can see a prob. with it.

Edited by Upasik

It breeds great perfection if the practice be harder then the use.

Learn by teaching

I practice a traditional martial art, so i am lucky when the Grand Master sits with me. If my Grand Master saw that i was doing something that would hinder my training or well being, then he would, without a dought, point it out to me.

I would hope that anyone of experiance would do the same.

Learn by teaching

I train in a traditional, non commercial school, and i don't think that my teachers would want me to say there names or talk about their lineage.

Please don't take offence, I'd be happy to talk of other things, my art, training styles, revilations....

Learn by teaching

I train in a traditional, non commercial school, and i don't think that my teachers would want me to say there names or talk about their lineage.

Please don't take offence, I'd be happy to talk of other things, my art, training styles, revilations....

I understand. I have been in a couple of private schools. They would not want me to do that either. A long as you understand and are aware of their lineage. No offense taken. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...