• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill

Who Wins Franklin or Hamill?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who Wins Franklin or Hamill?

• Hamill
    • Franklin

I just read that this fight is taking place in the 205 pound weight class. Who has the advantage? Both fighters as talented, and both have fought this weight class in the past. Rich has spent the lastseveral years at middle weight. Hamill has the advantage in wrestling but not in submissions. Franklin has a wealth of fight experince in the cage. This fight will lead into the main event. Hamill has never had the pressure of such a high profile fight nor has he faced a fighter of Franklin's caliber. Some think Hamill can wear Franklin down. Some think Rich will use angles and striking to keep Hamill at bay to win via decision. Personally I see Hamill getting Rich to the ground but even once the fight gets the Franklin still has the advantage due to his jujitsu. But the major factor is Hamill has only has 5 pro fights were Franklin has 27, I see experince paying of in this one.What's everyones thoughts? Here's the link to the article that brought on these questions:

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/ufc-88-breakdown-franklin-vs-hamill-14256

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It's an interesting bout either way it goes. Personally, I see it going to Franklin due largely, as you said, to his experiance.

He's also look exceptionally good in his last bout or two as well, as if he's taking his training camp to a new level. That can make a ton of difference. It just seem that he's "dialed in" right now.

Still, it's a fight I'd like to see. Even if I turn out to be wrong.