• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Popcorn, good or bad?

DWx

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm surprised. Take away popcorn from the movies and then what is next? Take away beer and hotdogs from ballgames?!! Cotton candy from carnivals?!! Popcorn is quieter than potato chips and it certainly doesn't make the loud noise that cell phones do. Yes, I go to movies and it drives me crazy when someone answers their cell phone or talks incessantly during the movie. Leave the popcorn be, I say. I think what cinemas should do is install inside the movie seating areas, trash receptacles which of course get emptied after every show so it won't stink up the place.

Ok, I'm biased because I am a popcorn lover. :P If they ever banned popcorn, I'd sneak in my own. LOL - and the low fat version doesn't cut the mustard either. They can get rid of every other snack and even that artificial butter stuff. Just the smell of popcorn makes me want to have a movie marathon.

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

Only on odd occasion will I make popcorn, as neither my children nor I seem to go for it at home. When I bring them to the movies, and I try to catch all the "G" (for General Audiences in the US) movies I can, I ask them the question that I know the answer to already: Should I get us some popcorn? They'll want a soda, too, and will often ask for another snack along with their popcorn, like M&M's, but there's still that time-honored movie snack that is sold by the bag or even the bucket at the concessions stand.

Incidentally, I thought the comments at the end were interesting. What I gathered from them was that popcorn doesn't rustle or talk during the movie. I'd like to add that it politely keeps its cell phone off.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

For me the only way to have popcorn is to load it with butter, and I only have it during a movie. But I also have the sweet tooth so if they really did ever get rid of popcorn in the movies there's plenty of candy to sne....err.buy. :lol:

Personally, I love it. It's a staple snack food at my house. Of course, you have to leave off the butter and such. Air popping helps as well.

Still, when I hit the theater, a big buckt is a must.

I like it in and out of the theater. When you go to a theater, you are in a public place and you have to be willing to give as far as what would be your ideal experience. If you want everything perfect for you as an individual, just wait for it to come out on DVD. There's nothing wrong with popcorn. It's actually a pretty quiet food, compared to various others.

I read some of the comments and I just think some of those people want to be a little too controlling. Like one guy complaining about people making "digger motions" with their arm. So, what, people can move in a repeated fashion when they are sitting in a theater? It's just a part of the experience.