• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your favorite karate movie?

Strictly Karate, Street Fighter (think Sonny Chiba, not JCVD) and Fighter in the Wind as long as you ignore the glaring historical inaccuracy.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good selections...some of my new, recent favorites are "Blood and Bone", "Undisputed 2", "Undisputed 3", "Ninja", and "Ninja Assassin".

• 2 weeks later...

What were everyone's opinions of the new Karate Kid movie?

The original was the catalyst for me getting back into the dojo after having quit as a green belt. So that movie will always be special to me.

I thought the remake was a better movie as far as sheer entertainment value, but with the original I came out of the movie thinking "I could do that". I don't believe I would have thought that even at a young age following the Jaden Smith version.

I enjoyed the movie, but it won't be going on my list of all-time favorite martial arts films.

All good selections...some of my new, recent favorites are "Blood and Bone", "Undisputed 2", "Undisputed 3", "Ninja", and "Ninja Assassin".
Those films are actually how i found out about Scott Adkins one of my favourite MAists Uri Boyka was brutal played by him UD2 and 3 :D

Personal favourites are Fist of Legend, Bloodsport and i know its not karate but i really enjoyed the Lone Wolf and Cub series of films, brilliant samurai tales.

"Get beyond violence, yet learn to understand its ways"

"Seek peace in every moment, yet be prepared to defend your very being"

"Does the river dwell on how long it will take to become the ocean..." - Sensei Bruce Payne

https://www.shinkido.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
My favoutite movie is The Quest. this turnament was avesome :D

I have always liked this movie, especially watching the Capoeira fighter. That guys is talented!