• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Minimum Requirement for First Degree

All 1,023 one-step techniques (rank specific) - each rank has between 101 and 136 one-step techniques.

Sorry, but, what in the world? How long does your test last? WOW!

:-?

**Proof is on the floor!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shodan requirements:

As learnt from Jukyu to Ikkyu>>>

*All Kihon

*All Kata (Empty/Weapons) including all Bunkai/Oyo Bunkai

*All Kumite

*Tuite/Grappling/Kyusho Jitsu

*Tameshiwara

*1000 word essay as directed by the Testing Board of the Hombu ("What is Karate-Do?" and "What is Shugyo?")

*Having meet age requirements

*Having meet all "teaching" requirements from Sankyu to Ikkyu

*Demonstrate basic knowledge of the history and the like of our style

This is the base core of our grading syllabus of our Shodan requirements. This list should be enough to give you an idea of our Shodan requirements. Some of the things not listed above are Etiquette, Citizenship, Displayed Tenets/The Dojo Kun, Japanese Karate Terminologies, and The Code Of Bushido.

:)

*Tameshiwara

We use baseball bat for ours what do you use?

Boards, bricks, roofing tiles, 2X4's, 2X2X8's, and rocks. The higher the Dan rank testing the more of the materials to choose from as well as the quantity.

Edited by sensei8

Oh whuh I dont like tile, thats just terrible...whuh.

You probably don't like roofing tiles for the same reason that I don't like baseball bats other than during a baseball game.

Why don't you like roofing tiles? If you say because of the slate that's found in American made roofing tiles, then I wholeheartedly concur with you on that.

It's not that I don't like baseball bats in my Tameshiwara, it's just that I've never tried to break a baseball bats with my shins or the like. It's the unknown about it as well I suppose...I really don't know.

You guys can keep it :) . None of that sounds appealing at all, bats or tiles.

I'll keep my fragile bones and skin intact whenever possible thank you :lol: .

Oh whuh I dont like tile, thats just terrible...whuh.

You probably don't like roofing tiles for the same reason that I don't like baseball bats other than during a baseball game.

Why don't you like roofing tiles? If you say because of the slate that's found in American made roofing tiles, then I wholeheartedly concur with you on that.

It's not that I don't like baseball bats in my Tameshiwara, it's just that I've never tried to break a baseball bats with my shins or the like. It's the unknown about it as well I suppose...I really don't know.

yes it is the slate as well. I dont prefer baseball bat but its is required for my next testing, so I am taking my time. But I do PREFER Blocks of Ice, I think those are the best, we do those for outdoor demos alot, especially in the winter.

But with all breaking its just a conditioning exercise and a way to show martial arts in a wider spectrum. If you can destroy mass, no matter what the mass is, just think what can be done to the human body if need be.?

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku