• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The Essence of Bushido...

bushido_man96

As many of you know, I am a big advocate of how the bye-products of learning a good martial system can enhance your life.

On the other hand, I am a staunch advocate for training to maximise your combat effectiveness ("Jutsu" rather than "do" to be honest), and from a combative perspective, these are my favourite Samurai "Maxims" that most wado people base their karate on:

It is said that "neglecting" any of these in your training could lead to your demise:-

Kikioji - "daunted on hearing" - Being afraid of an opponents reputation.

Mikuzure - "cowed at sight" - Being intimidated on seeing the size and/or fearsome expression of an opponent.

Futanren - "Inadequate training" - Having something lacking in ones preparation.

"The difference between the possible and impossible is one's will"

"saya no uchi de katsu" - Victory in the scabbbard of the sword. (One must obtain victory while the sword is undrawn).

https://www.art-of-budo.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mikuzure - "cowed at sight" - Being intimidated on seeing the size and/or fearsome expression of an opponent.

Futanren - "Inadequate training" - Having something lacking in ones preparation.

Rather psychological . . .

It's said that in the game of poker, the winner at the game is one who plays the other player, not the hand.

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

There are a lot of really common sense things listed there, when you get right down to being an upstanding citizen in society.

Remember the Golden Rule...

Unfortunately "common" sense is a rarity in this day and age.

It is said that "neglecting" any of these in your training could lead to your demise:-

I like these, Zanshin. Thanks for sharing them.

Good notes on common sense, too, guys.