• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Music Concerts

KickChick

Hey KickChick,

Didn't your husband go see Satriani/Dream Theater? I remember something about you saying that about a month or so ago (as I am currently listening to Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence right now and shopping Ebay for a John Pettruci signature guitar). I went to the Detroit show. That was a prime example of professionalism at it's best. Wished they both could have played more, but that would have been a six hour concert.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he did ZR440 .... he had 2nd row center and said it was truly an awesome performance. He was quite impressed with Dream Theater and Kings X who also joined them.

He almost caught a guitar pick from Satriani but a girl behind him dove much faster between the seats :evil:

I heard an interview with Satriani before the concert on a local radio station and he sounds like a very likeable and intelligent guy .... a true musician!

2nd row? I'm jealous.

Rent or buy their latest concert DVD. It's the Scenes of a Memory tour in New York. Crank it up and enjoy.

Whoa, it's scotch thirty. Have a good weekend. I'm outa here.

• 1 month later...
I am slated to see alot of concerts this summer. Lots of big names touring this year!

Hate you :D :D Hmm Costello, Rush, The Stones ... I would give 3 years of life to see them :)

I went to soncerts of Yes and Steve Vai and I was on the 7th heaven. Love this music. I wish I could have seen Clapton at work, or Steve Ray Vaughan ... JL Hooker. Unfortunatelly those 2 won't hold a concert anymore ... perhaps in Heaven, cause they belong there :karate:

You can buy the VHS or DVD with those three on it. It's called G3-Live in Concert. I'm not sure if they offer the correct video format for your region. Don't blame me if your brain leaks out of your ears.

Rent or buy their latest concert DVD. It's the Scenes of a Memory tour in New York. Crank it up and enjoy

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'll get that for him for Christmas! :nod:

Also the G3 Live sounds pretty awesome too!

Haven't seen any bands since the Stones but rumor has it that Zeppelin might get together ... truly one of my all time favs!!!

Just waiting to hear now!

G3. Yep. Got this. I would have been great to see them there :)

I used to have a weekly radio show (besides my daily 4 hours on air) in which I presented an album. I presented G3 also, "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"(Pink Floyd), "Nightingales and Bombers (Manfred Mann's Earth Band), Tom Waits '"Mule Variations", Laurie Anderson's "Strange Angels", Return To the center of The Earth and the 6 wives of Henry the 8th (Hope I rememberde it right) done by a genius called Rick Wakeman, Ladder (Yes, love them), American Prayer (Doors, after Jim's death) .... and so on.

Those were good times.

Now I moved to another station in which we play music for teenagers, Spears, Enrique Iglesias, and all those guys. I miss the old days :bawling: