• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The washing of the belt

my club says not to wash our belts they say it washes the spirit out of the belt

If not spirit, an unwashed and well used belt certainly has an "air" about it!

:lol:

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't washed a belt during the time I've worn it, though I have washed - or rather, soaked - all my other belts - they had a wee incident with the cat deciding they would be a good place to pee. :kaioken:

Thank goodness I don't have to wear those belts anymore :roll:

Since I have a black belt, there won't be anymore belts coming my way until I retire the belt, so I suppose if it gets stinky then I'll either retire it or do as SaifightsMS suggested and shower with it.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

Karate_women I am sure your classmates were happy you washed the belt your cat baptized. And I am equally sure that your sensei approved.

I had retired the belts before the incident, but I like keeping them and I wasn't keeping them in that state - that would have been the ultimate in disrespect.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

-Lao-Tse

some say wshing your belt takes the sprit out of it,but i dont know about that.i dont wash my belt though.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

i always thought it was an interesting contradiction that people say that one of the reasons dogis are white is that it takes a certain amount of discipline to keep a white uniform looking white.

Yet, the belt is allowed to accumulate years of dirt and sweat.

I'm no longer posting here. Adios.