• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dirty Fighting?

Post note: Bare in mind here that I am talking about fighting, not competition. So:

Does anyone think that it is possible to "fight dirty?" Or does the very nature of fighting lend itself to the fact that there is no such thing?

Likewise, is there any such thing as a "fair fight?"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you mean a fair fight as one on one then yes that would seem to me like a "fair" fight, but we have to think, is one guy a lot larger, more experienced? trained? has a weapon?? to make it "unfair"?

in my opinion fighting dirty is one of the most effective ways of defending oneself.. cause to me, a fight is a fight, its either me or him..

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

As far as street goes, I don't believe in the existance of a fair fight, but I do believe there is a difference between honorable fighting and dirty fighting. The dirty fighting is generally using techiques and trying to do unecissary damage to an attacker. Like, after he's defeated and you know you can get away without fighting anymore but choose to gouge his eyes and break his neck anyway.

Post note: Bare in mind here that I am talking about fighting, not competition. So:

Does anyone think that it is possible to "fight dirty?" Or does the very nature of fighting lend itself to the fact that there is no such thing?

Likewise, is there any such thing as a "fair fight?"

If you are fighting, it should be because someone has decided to hurt you and you can't run away or talk your way out of it.

And in that instance, you should do what you have to do to stay alive and unharmed.

I don't think in a street fight there is anything as fighting dirty. You have to do what you have to do in order to survive it. But I take the same sort of line as The BB of C. If your opponent is already defeated then any additional uneccessary techniques are "dirty techniques". However during the course of a fight I have no problem with things like groin attacks and gouges.

As for a fair fight, in an ideal world I would say that its a one-one-one situation and neither of the fighters has any advantage as in weaponary and stuff.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Fighting is fighting...there is no delineation between fair, unfair, dirty..etc. I will injure to the degree that the attacker was attempting to do to me.

I also disagree that there is such a thing as "honorable" fighting in the street.

Does anyone think that it is possible to "fight dirty?" Or does the very nature of fighting lend itself to the fact that there is no such thing? . . .

I've read others' postings, and we seem to be on the same page. The legal system is likely the problem. This URL leads to the BBM online article, "Possible Repurcussions of Using Your Skills to Defend Yourself":

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/archives/277

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

Yes, the repurcussions are there. It is important that you can justify your actions in a court room after having to defend yourself. There is a good chance that you could end up there.