• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Moving

Clash

I'm currently, in the process of moving for college, which means I sadly have to leave my Shotokan Dojo, and begin looking for a new place to train. Which upsets me becuase there's a belt test that I can not attend becuase I've missed class for the last two weeks, trying to get stuff done for college.

Anyways the point of this whole post is I was wondering if anyone knows of a good Shotokan dojo in Murfreesboro TN, close to the MTSU campus?

I haven't had much look at finding anything through internet searches, at the point so I figured I would see if anyone has any knowledge they could share. If there's no where for a strong traditional shotokan school, I wouldn't mind changing to Shito-ryu or kyokushin if all else fails.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You might just check the Yellow Pages when you get there. That may be the only place the local schools are listed. Also, the college may have a club or two for you to look into, or better yet, it may have an MA course that is offered for credit hours! (I have around 9 college credit hours dedicated to MA training myself ;))

Otherwise, just ask around when you get down there, to see what is around.

Don't forget to check the campus organizations as well. There are usually several clubs that encompas different arts on any campus.

I was fortunate enought to find a couple of really good ones, and found one too. So check the rec center listings. Don't forget to poke around in the matted rooms occassionally as well. Lot's of guys doing combatives can usually be found at odd hours hitting and throwing each other around.