• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Deadly and dangerous strikes

Throat strikes can be deadly, but it depends on the situation, I don't think going for a throat strike right off the bat is a good idea. If your aim is to kill someone with your hands, punching the person to death isn't very efficient. Get in back of the person and strangle them with a triangular choke or something like that, you can break the trachea easier by applying pressure to it. Trying to strike the throat is tough unless the opportunity presents itself, if it does take it.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

62,900 responses, not counting what a search of "blunt force trauma" or "strike" or "kick" will get me that punch ddi not. I have no interested in sorting through those for you... just cause it's out there does not mean it's simple to cite (or I would have initally). For teh search engine try "killed punch throat" and start sifting.
63k ppl killed by a punch to the throat? I think not.

I know, why not get a boxer to punch you in the throat and see what happens?
Just because I know it won't kill me doesn't mean I like the idea.

Speaking mathmatically, it's possible for all teh molecules of ar in the room to be heading towards one wall, creating a vacuum that suffocates you... just cause it's never happened...
according to the laws of physics, no. Not without an outside force. Suck out all the air maybe?

If my conversions are correct, 50 kph translates to 31.3 mph. That is nothing compared to 96 mph for a fast ball, and 102 mph for a hockey puck. And if my conversions are correct, a 15lb arm is heavier than a 1lb baseball.
Your arm weighs 15lb? How do you know? Can you throw a punch at over 100mph?

Oxymoronic; if it can't kill you how can it "require" hospitalization.
I had my shoulder reconstructed. That required hospitalization. Does everyone you know leave hospitals in a bodybag? What kind of health insurance do you have?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

63k ppl killed by a punch to the throat? I think not.

That's not what I said. I said there were 62,900 sites found on the search, and that I had no intention of filtering through that much static to refute your assertation that there is a fundamental difference between a punch and a strike by a ball which renders it impossable to cause death through a strike to the throat.

In the future, please endevour to read more carefully, we've wasted more than enough time on this already.

according to the laws of physics, no. Not without an outside force. Suck out all the air maybe?

Which law of physics would that be? There is nothing that would disallow every molecule to have a vector that sent it to the other side of the room... except the statistical unlikelyness.

Your arm weighs 15lb? How do you know? Can you throw a punch at over 100mph?

Can you throw a 15lb ball that fast? Let's ask an easier to picture question... you have a baseball coming at you and you punch it with a punch heading in the opposite direction. Ignoring the damage to your hand, which one would transmit the most force? Would you stop the baseball or would it stop your hand?

The pitcher cannot impart more force to the ball than he can generate... the high speed comes from the relatively light weight, but in the end, the ball can only have less force than his hand did, not more (second law of thermodynamics).

Does everyone you know leave hospitals in a bodybag? What kind of health insurance do you have?

If someone did not get the "required hospitalization", what would be the result?