• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Interesting Challenge to all Karate styles

Eager To Learn

I would highly doubt he receives any communication from real "masters" both because no master would accept such a frivolous challenge and no real master would actively consider himself a master.

yes, I said master many many times.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wrote an email to them (they never replied). Every answer to the questions they have given seem very arogant as though they are saying im "harder than you" to everyone. Also they wont take on MMA people which indicates that there is a flaw in their style because as there are no specific rules that you can fight with and you can do anything why wouldnt they take on MMA?

Rule one of Sparring: Beware of anyone who grins the face of obvious oblivion.

"Trying to prove a "superior" style of Karate? once again, its not the style, its how its taught."

Totally agreed, I think its quite disrespectful to Karate in general to be honest as from the little I know I assumed "we" were all part of the same "family" and should therefore be respectful to one another :roll: .

As opposed to challenging each others styles.

I agree with you. What that site says sounds like something out of a low budget karate movie. :lol:

"Never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ Dilbert

I'm sorry, but, this challenge is the most ridiculus thing that I've ever heard. There's no such thing as "superior" and/or the "best" style of the Martial Arts.

Sheech and good grief!

This serves no purpose on the betterment of any Martial Arts!

:roll:

**Proof is on the floor!!!

I don't think there's a lot I can add to what you've all said. This kind of thing really doesn't do the reputation of karate, or martial arts in general, any good at all.

What a pity.

Big alarm bells are ringing in my head here!

Don't like the approach or the content. It goes against everything that karate/budo stands for.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough?

I think it is a Finnish website as far s I can see, that perhaps does not translate too well.

I guess we give them the benefit of the doubt, but to be honest, I can save everybody's time really as I know who the best Karate-ka in the world is...?

Says it all really.

WNM

"A lot of people never use their initiative.... because no-one told them to" - Banksy

https://www.banksy.co.uk

Well, I found the site entertaining! :D It reminded me of some of the challenges you would find on sites when the net was still young and there were fewer users. Seemed more ligetimate to call people out over the internet back then.

But if you break down the challenge, you can see that no one is going to take it, or if they do, be accepted. They only want "international masters", so you have to travel from outside the country before they will consider the fight. They don't want to involve a "money aspect", meaning it's on your dime. They only want masters from "Japanese" styles and they are asking for "ligetimate masters", which means they can disqualify anyone they don't want to consider a master. It's a hollow challenge and when no one answers, they will declare themselves the ultimate style of karate.

In the whole other debate, you can go one of two ways. Either if your not training with firearms, body armor and squad tactics your not a martial artist because your not training in relavent arts of war. Or, you can say that if your training in an art with a martial origin, no matter the reason your there, your a martial artist. That's what the words have come to mean in the preasent day and age. Fighters wanting to get better at unarmed fighting will seek out the places they need to train in order to sharpen their tools. But, they will sharpen their tools no matter where they are or who they are training with. That is a matter of individual drive and little else. If you want to say one style is superiour to another, go to the style vs. style forum and be prepaired for open critque. Because you name a style and it has holes in it that do not prepare a fighter for the full realm of fighting. Its about what

we bring to the table when we train for whatever reason.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine

That's a pretty good breakdown of the "challenge" ShoriKid. Taken that way it's not suprising that no one's gone running to give it a go. Actually, that's a pretty well constructed set up to gain exactly zero responses. Nice breakdown.