• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Instructing your own children

It's not that I teach my children, but that I assist the instructor with the classes my children are in, meaning I'm working with my boys as well as other children.

It works out very well, especially since their instructor is such a patient person, an individual who has that magic touch to make karate fun.

:karate:

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the skill in teaching children, is, that you have to be able to teach the art, and to keep kids attention at the same time. but not all kids is the same. some you have to be funny, and then your going to have to keep the explanation simple, and not too much information at one time.

i think i am developing a combination of being funny, and serious, and exciting all in the same class. i dont want to have to be a clown in the classroom, but drill instructor approach is not going to work with kids either.

i dont want to have to be a clown in the classroom, but drill instructor approach is not going to work with kids either.

The main ingredient seems to be a pinch of fun. If they're having fun, they can't wait to come back. When my boys were learning first learning hyungs, it had to be with a lot of positive reinforcement, as well as accepting that they could only concentrate on one thing at a time. When they learned their first hyungs, they then started making up their own right in my living room.

They had fun and were extending it to their everyday lives. :)

~ Joe

Vee Arnis Jitsu/JuJitsu