• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Marvel/DC movies

bushido_man96

With the comic book movies being all the rage, it appears that Marvel is running away and hiding with this genre. Batman and Superman have been great for DC, but what does DC need to do to catch up? I think the Flash would be a good one to try, but aside from your Justice League, who else could you take from DC and get a good movie out of? Wonder Woman, maybe? Isn't she DC?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wonder Woman is DC, depending on the script and crew, it'd be a maybe.

DC does have some heros that could potentially hold their own. A Green Lantern Movie could be very good. Also, a Green Arrow movie has tons of potential.

Maybe a Martain Mahunter as well.

There are a few possibilites, but yes, Marvel is running away with the show right now.

DC's best bet to me is to Batman.. It's the one kind of hero that marvel doesn't have. I mean of course i want to see more dc, movies and hero's, but my point is they should keep focusing on quality in stead of quantity.. becuase while Marvel has produced a ton of movies already a good number of them were complete duds. At this rate theres a chance they could burn out the industry before it even gets started.

I forgot to add that DC has the new Watchmen movie coming out, which has a good chance of giving them a huge boost, in the race.

I would honestly like to see some other comic book lines take a shot at movies again. For example Image Comics could totally take a shot at updating the Spawn line.. it's full of potential.

Yeah, Spawn could certainly use a decent movie look. The effort back in the 90's was awful.

Marvel has turned out it's share of duds, however, you have a successful X-men and Spiderman franchise going. The avengers flices have been good to date so they by and large are turning out pretty good stuff. Granted, there is Daredevil and Elctra out there, two awful movies that really deserved better treatments.

I had heard about the Watchmen and can't wait. I didn't get the trailer in front of Dark Knight that some people did. Hopefully, they're relitively true to the source material. Has good potential, that's for sure.

Has anyone seen Hellboy 2 yet? I liked the first one, and want to see the 2nd, and may get to this weekend. We'll see.

Are there any other Dark Horse comics that could be run as a movie?