IIrene

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When at home on long island I train 5-7 days a week and try to teach 3 or 4 days a week. Here at college I train 2 or 3 times a week with the karate club. That's the biggest adjustment I've had to make in my freshman year so far...

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio

I'm currently in a dojo 3-4 times a week, but I hope to up that number soon.

"Be Water my friend."

"The spirit of defeating a man is the same for ten million men." Miyamoto Mushahi

I haven't set foot in a dojo since early 2006! :bawling:

I find it it a bit ironic that joining the military has been my biggest stumbling block in furthering my martial education.

Not the "Y"!! A good school!!! I gotta learn Karate!!!

I find it it a bit ironic that joining the military has been my biggest stumbling block in furthering my martial education.

As a military officer, don't you consider some of what you do Martial Arts oriented? It may not be all hand-to-hand, but it is something.

Why let the physical dojo be the only dojo you go to? Everywhere should be your dojo.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku

As a military officer, don't you consider some of what you do Martial Arts oriented? It may not be all hand-to-hand, but it is something.

As an Electronics Technician in the Coast Guard I don't very much consider 99.9% of what I do MA oriented. I can't even get approval from my command to qualify for my pistol or rifle ribbon since it isn't really pertinent to my position. :roll:

Why let the physical dojo be the only dojo you go to? Everywhere should be your dojo.

Great point, that's kinda why I registered here. I needed to surround myself with more like minded people again to get me out of my "lonely budoka" funk so I can start looking at things outside of the box again.

Not the "Y"!! A good school!!! I gotta learn Karate!!!

Sounds good. I use to always get mad at myself for not being able to go to the dojo everday like I use to (At first I was averaging 3 days a week, now its daily) BUt finally a zen practitioner told me that the dojo your teacher owns is just a means of him taking your money to train, why do repetition that he charges you for when you can do it for free at your home everyday.

So now I go daily like I want to, but I still train at home daily as well, because the quicker you get use to something for free the more quicker you can pay him to show your something new and not something you already know.

To fear death is to limit life - Xin Sarith Azuma Phan Wuku